BSides Charm 2018 Security Conference Videos

Link to Videos:

Conference Talks:

Track 1 13 Closing Ceremonies

Track 2 09 Building a Predictive Pipeline to Rapidly Detect Phishing Domains Wes Connell

Track 1 12 Adding Simulated Users to Your Pentesting Lab with PowerShell Chris Myers Barrett Adams

Track 2 08 Exercise Your SOC How to run an effective SOC response simulation Brian Andrzejewski

Track 1 11 Using Atomic Red Team to Test Endpoint Solutions Adam Mathis

Track 1 10 Between a SOC and a Hard Place Shawn Thomas Andrew Marini James Callahan Dustin Shirley

Track 2 07 Malware Analysis and Automation using Binary Ninja Erika Noerenberg

fixed2 Track 1 09 Rise of the Miners Josh Grunzweig

Track 2 06 Plight at the end of the Tunnel Anjum Ahuja

Track 1 08 Effective Monitoring for Operational Security Russell Mosley Ryan St Germain

Track 2 05 Powershell Deobfuscation Putting the toothpaste back in the tube Daniel Grant

Track 1 07 Internet Anarchy The Global March toward Data Localization Andrea Little Limbago

Track 1 06 Quantify your hunt not your parents red teaming Devon Kerr

Track 2 03 Threat Activity Attribution Differentiating the Who from the How Joe Slowik

Track 1 05 How we reverse engineered OSXPirrit got legal threats and survived Amit Serper

Track 2 02 An Open Source Malware Classifier and Dataset Phil Roth

Track 1 04 Counting Down to Skynet Nolan Hedglin

Track 1 03 Basic Offensive Application of MOF Files in Scripting Devon Bordonaro

Track 2 01 Getting Saucy with APFS The State of Apples New File System Sarah Edwards

Track 1 02 FailTime Failing towards Success Sean Metcalf

Track 1 01 To AI or Not to AI What the US Military Needs for Fighting Cyber Wars Ernest Wong

Track 2 00 Preparing for Incident Handling and Response within Industrial Control Networks Mark Stac

Track 1 00 Keynote Jessica Payne

1 Like

HI @J_Geno, thanks for sharing these videos.

Would you like to provide a quick recap of your experience at BSides Charm? I’m sure we would all be interested in reading it. :slight_smile:

Here’s an example from one of our community members who presented at Bsides Seattle.

I didn’t attend in person. I “attend” 20+ conferences per year virtually by watching all the videos. I usually only attend one or two conferences per year in person.

I’ve watched all of the videos, though, and have some recommendations for people at various levels in their career.

For the InfoSec beginner:
Effective Monitoring for Operational Security
Rise of the Miners

For the seasoned pro:
Adding Simulated Users to Your Pentesting Lab with PowerShell
Using Atomic Red Team to Test Endpoint Solutions

For the CISO:
Exercise Your SOC How to run an effective SOC response simulation
Preparing for Incident Handling and Response within Industrial Control Networks

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this @J_Geno - really helps simplify the process of getting started!

3 Likes